We have just updated our Liferay related images! New and Fresh!
OK, we are always updating them, almost daily (mainly for security
reasons). This time, though, we included extra features to help with
container management, and moved to a new Debian version.
As we were seeing people with issues related to their volumes and
what happens when a new version comes around, sometimes bringing new
user and group IDs. We fixed Elasticsearch IDs, and included a routine
to adjust permissions inside its data directory, so no one will need
to go inside their containers to tune this up.
Liferay was also updated to tackle the same issue, the only
difference is that the IDs are not fixed as we are still evaluating
the effects this could have. However, the routine for adjusting the
data directory was included into this release.
All images had their Debian basic image updated and adjustments were
made to assure layer reuse across the 3 sibling images.
Liferay GA4 was updated as well, aligning the developments we made in
GA5 in that legacy version. Including environmental variable based
controls along with the Debian based updates in all 3 images as well.
We moved from Debian stable to Buster, as we were seeing issues
occurring with outdated libraries that were not in alignment with our
needs for performance and correctness (back-ports were not covering
all of them). Buster shown to be a nice compromise between stability
and all the features we needed. Of course, this also means Tomcat,
LibreOffice and all components moved to the versions dictated by Buster.
As always, we are open to suggestions and we hope this new release is helpful.